Sunday, May 1, 2016

Dream Big





It's been 7 weeks since I was crowned as Miss Pleasant Grove in a local pageant in the Miss America chain. That was one of the most fulfilling days because after almost a lifetime of preparation and going through some really hard moments in my life, I finally fulfilled a dream of mine. Let me tell you, there is no better feeling.

Dreams are things we hope to accomplish or fulfill or do in our lifetime. They are usually big ideas and accomplishments that, looking straight on, seem almost impossible to accomplish. You feel overwhelmed because maybe some of these dreams have an age limit and you feel that you can't do it all by the time you pass that limit. But from my experience, you'll get there before you know it, as long as you keep working. The day you stop trying is the day you officially will not obtain that dream.

ALL dreams are possible, it takes work and dedication. It takes really knowing who you are and testing your limits. It takes confidence and perseverance. But the truly successful people never gave up, no matter what. Look at Walt Disney! He had a cartoon character stolen from him! He was told he was a terrible artist. Obviously, he decided to take their words with a grain of salt.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I can do it, you can do it. Pursuing your dreams was never easy, but the right path will be the hard one 9 times out of 10. The best feeling is looking at how far you've come and I promise you, once you get there, there will be no better feeling. So make a plan, set some short term and long term goals, keep your eyes on the prize, and most importantly, believe you can do it. When you do those things, anything is possible.

"If you can dream it, you can do it." -Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment