Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Patience, Faith, and God's Hand



Hello again! You can call me the slackin' blogger! Haha! Well, LDS General Conference was this last weekend! I was lucky enough to have attended the afternoon session on Saturday and, along with many other prayer-answering talks, I was fortunate to hear Elder Oaks talk on sharing the gospel. He talked about sharing the gospel on social media. I was sort of doing that on this blog, but, obviously, I have been a huge slacker. So as I was lying in bed reading my missionary emails from friends all over the world, I had this impression to post again about my thoughts and impressions, so here goes.



I have been going through some very refining things in my life currently. I have, in these past couple months, dealt with feelings of inadequacy, loneliness, and frustration. I have also, however, become closer to my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ as I have pondered my life,its direction, and God's plan for me. What I have concluded, and in some cases am still coming to terms with are these: I cannot know God's plan for me and I cannot plan my future and expect it to turn out the way I want. Life is hard and a lot of times, unfair, but holy cow, God is teaching and molding during those frustrating times.It is our choice whether we learn or not in those difficult times. I personally have become more acquainted with the virtue of patience. You wouldn't think that something that sounds so simple would be so difficult! I know though that as I put my faith in my Heavenly Father and trust His guidance, I will learn what I need to and grow how I need to.

Now I will ask you, what is God trying to teach you? He is always communicating with us, but are you listening? He never leaves us alone. I promise you He is guiding you, even when it feels like you are stumbling blind and alone. I have such faith in this because I know it personally! God is reaching for you, so reach back! He loves you and only wants your happiness. Sometimes that happiness requires a lot of pain and sadness at first. Think about it, though! Would you really be that happy about a success if you hadn't failed so hard previously to get to that point?

Guys, God is good. He loves us. He is directing us and speaking to us daily. I know that as we trust in Him and His plan, things will turn out okay in the end. So 'put your shoulder to the wheel [and] push along!'

No comments:

Post a Comment