Monday, April 27, 2015

The Purpose

Wow, I wished I could say I have been super busy, which wouldn't be a COMPLETE lie, unfortunately, for the most part, I just forgot about my blog! I'm sorry everyone! But hey, the true failure comes when you stop trying, right?



So what is purpose?
What is it for?
Why do we,as humans, search for it, sometimes our entire lives?
Why do we have a purpose to find in the first place?
Do we have a purpose?

I can't answer all of those for you. I only wrote those questions for your own self reflection. It's something I am pondering myself.

I recently watched a movie called Hugo. I love it for the French appeal and slight humor. I love though, how Hugo talks about how all machines have a purpose. And then he said how every machine comes with exactly as many peices as are needed to put together the machine. He goes on to say how the world is like a machine and so if it is a machine, that means we all are parts of that machine  that means that we are supposed to be there, we have a purpose to help that machine work. Finally he says that some machines need to be fixed.

I love those analogies. It so beautifully helps you understand that you are here in this world for a reason, though you may not know why at the time. The most important thing to remember is that you have a purpose.

When you find your purpose, you know. You feel like you are finally doing something that matters. When you loose it, you don't feel like anything you do matters or will ever be good enough. The challenge in those times is to find how you can work towards earning your purpose again.



If you feel lost, can't find your purpose, don't know where to start, I encourage you to ask God. If He is all knowing, don't you think He would know where you need to be? He loves you and all He wants is for you to be happy and He knows that finding our purpose in life is a great way to be happy and serve Him, at the same time!

Anyways, I wanted to make this a quick post and I will post again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Allison! These are such beautiful thoughts. I am so proud of the beautiful young woman you have grown to become. Keep moving forward and don't stop! I will always be there for you too! I love you!
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete