Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Update! Update! Read All About It!

Hello everyone! I am so sorry I haven't posted in so long, though I'm sure it's not been dearly missed. ;) Anyways, I'll give you an update on where I've been and what I'm up to!



Recently I was in a pageant that obviously took a lot of time. It was such a wonderful life changing experiecne and I was able to get to know and work with amazing young women and women alike. I am truly blessed for the new relationships I have gained. I loved every busy hour that I was involved in the pageant! I didn't win, but again, it was definatly something I don't regret doing and actually hope to do it again next year!


So now what am I up to? Rather, it's a continuation of what I was up to before the pageant and was momentarily interruped because of uncertainty. Now I am certain that I will be going to Fiji this summer to do humanitarian work! I am so excieted to serve the beautiful people of Fiji! P.S. I am looking for donations for that! If you want to help me out, go to the link at the bottom of this post and put in my first and last name to make sure I recieve your help! Thanks!

Anyways, so with those two crazy things, I am also gearing up for a wrapped up three years of high school and heading to college. I am so excited and nervous!

So thats all great, why should you care? Here is why. Out of all of these big things going on, I have learned that you can't control where life takes you. I have always planned out my life, wanted to know exactly where I will be a year, even five years from now. The predictability of K-12 can do that quite easily. Moving on through life, I have found, you can do your best to KINDA know where you will be, but nothing is ever as certain as you may be used to. That can be really scary! Especially for people like me. Those things I talked about though really have taught me that though. I also learned how to prepare myself for the unpredictable.

Look, life can be unpredictable, but you don't have to be. I recently posted about an article I read called 50 Things To Do The Summer Before College (http://www.hercampus.com/high-school/preparing-college/50-things-do-summer-you-go-college). It was such a great article, all things easy to do and applicable. One of them was to make a Pinterest board about who you want to be 5+ years from now. I started mine and can I just say how much I love it!? It give me a good, predictable idea about who I want to be and what I want to accomplish. THAT can be the stability in your life! I encourage you all to start something like that, and no it doesn't have to be on Pinterest if you really don't want it to be. ;) Just do something!


Anyways, I feel like this was a shorter post, but I just wanted to give a little update and let you all know I am still here and I will try to be better now! Thanks!

BTW: Here is the link to that donation page I was talking about! Any amout helps! Donate to Allison Lawrence! Thanks!
https://www.hefy.org/index.php/donate-here

No comments:

Post a Comment