Monday, August 31, 2015

Dreamer



I am one of those people that is proud to say is a dreamer. When I dream, I dream big. The problem with that, is that others tell us that our dreams might be too big or too far fetched to be achievable. At first we fall for that. However, some of us realize that the people stopping us from achieving our dreams are ourselves. In the end, it's not the people that told us we couldn't do it that stopped us, it was us allowing their words to be the verdict of our dream.


Dreams are powerful, especially when you chase after it. Some of the greatest people in the world wouldn't be where they are if they hadn't dreamed it up first. My all time favorite example
is Walt Disney. If you know his biography, you know that he didn't wake up one day and decide to build Disneyland and all its glory. No, he was rejected again and again, told he would never get anywhere with his silly cartoons, and even had one cartoon stolen from him. Finally he created Mickey Mouse and, though there were ups and downs, he had more and more success because that mouse gave him a vision of what he could do for others. Walt never gave up, so why do most of us?



I believe in being brave. I believe that we miss out on so much more when we decide to step aside and watch others do what we are too afraid to try. Personal experiences have showed me again and again how true that is. If you had asked me even a week before my trip to Fiji, I would have told you I wouldn't swim with sharks if my life depended on it! I ended up doing it anyways, as well as a bunch of other stuff that scared me to death, but I learned that 99% of the time, the thing we are afraid of is actually really fun, tastes really good, or was one of the most memorable experiences we will ever have. 

Dreams are our destinies. When we put our mind to it and decide to chase our dreams no matter what others may say, we are undefeatable! We go places unimaginable! We are powerful when we work on our dreams. The key word is WORK. Work will get us to our dreams a lot faster than sitting on the couch. Working isn't always fun. In fact, a lot of the time, work isn't fun. We need to remind ourselves in that moment of giving up or groaning that this is only a moment, a small step on the journey to our dream. 

I love to dream. I am a proud dreamer, but I am also learning how to work for those dreams. My challenge to everyone is to do something you are afraid of every time the opportunity occurs. Do something you maybe don't feel like doing or that seems weird. Think of your ultimate dream, and then start working for it. All it takes is one step, one small daily goal at a time. You'll get there faster then you think.  


No comments:

Post a Comment